Camphill Connections summer 2011 published
16/05/11 16:52 Filed in: Client news
The latest edition of Camphill Connections
(766k PDF) has been published to coincide with the Discovering Camphill
national conference on May 17.
This latest edition previews the Discovering Camphill
conference and book launch, which has attracted professionals from the fields of care, education and medicine, along with politicians and parents, to discuss the work of Camphill with children, young people, adults and the elderly.
Other news in this issue of Camphill Connections includes:
- The introduction of a new look for Simeon Care for the Elderly, one of the seven charities that are part of Camphill Aberdeen City and Shire.
- The effect of electronic media on speech development for young children.
- A new business plan for Camphill School Aberdeen driving its work with children and young people with support needs.
- The latest news on Nature Nurture and its work with vulnerable children in Aberdeen.
- News of how Korea is featuring Camphill Aberdeen in radio and TV documentaries to encourage a new approach in Korea to supporting people with special needs.
- How a Japanese co-worker in Camphill School Aberdeen is thinking of the survivors of the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in her home city of Sendai.
- Plus Timmy Mallett’s feelings about the work of the Newton Dee Camphill community in Aberdeen.
You can download a pdf of the Camphill Connections newsletter
, or sign up to receive email notifications of this and future Camphill Connections
If you would prefer a paper copy of the newsletter, please send a A4 stamped, self-addressed envelope to Camphill Connections, Camphill Aberdeen City & Shire, Central Office, Murtle House, Bieldside, Aberdeen AB15 9EP.