The Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke, Minister without Portfolio in the UK Government, is to be the keynote speaker at the Institute of Directors (IoD)
“Sharing the Secrets of Success” masterclass event on Tuesday, September 17.
The Minister’s keynote address will open this first business event to be held in the newly-completed Riverside Building East at the Robert Gordon University’s
Garthdee Campus in Aberdeen. Rt Hon Kenneth Clarke PC, QC, MP
More than a hundred delegates have already signed up to attend the event at which established business leaders will host a series of interactive leadership masterclasses to pass on their skills and experience to others.
Commenting on the strong response for the event, Mike Bowyer, chairman of the IoD Aberdeen and Grampian branch, said:
“We are delighted to have Kenneth Clarke as our keynote speaker. This is the most ambitious event we have held in Aberdeen in recent times and I am very pleased to see it has obviously struck a chord with the Aberdeen City and Shire business community.”
“This is about inspiring current and future generations of business leaders. Leading the workshops we have five exceptional examples of business leaders who are recognised country-wide as having achieved outstanding success in their industry. They will talk about some of the key factors that have contributed to their success.”
The five business leaders, who will each host two masterclasses, are:
- Raymond O’Hare, former MD of Microsoft in Scotland who will be examining how the board can make a difference.
• Patrick Machray, CEO of ANM Group who will be taking an overview of running a business in a changing economic environment.
• Bob Keiller, CEO of Wood Group who will be leading the masterclass on building a business based on values.
• Stewart Spence, owner of the Marcliffe at Pitfodels Hotel who will be leading a workshop on delivering excellence in the service sector.
• Alfie Cheyne, CEO of ACE Winches who will be sharing his expertise in creating an international business.
The “Sharing the Secrets of Success” Masterclass is a half-day event, starting with breakfast between 7.30 and 8.30 am and concluding with a networking lunch between 1pm and 2pm.
Sponsored by accountancy firm Johnston Carmichael
, the event will conclude with an open session chaired by Tom Smith, Chairman of ACSEF and a former chairman of IoD Aberdeen.
There are still a few places available at the event. Bookings can be made at www.iodscotland.com/aberdeen
, or by calling IoD Scotland on 0131 557 5488. The registration fee is £125 ex VAT.