Business leaders pass on their expertise
22/07/13 09:05 Filed in: Client news
The Institute of Directors (IoD) Aberdeen and Grampian branch is organising a business event at which established business leaders will lead a series of interactive leadership masterclasses to pass on their skills and experience to others.
The “Sharing the Secrets of Success” event on Tuesday, September 17 will be the first business event to be held in the newly-completed Riverside Building East at the Robert Gordon University’s Garthdee Campus in Aberdeen. Bob Keiller, CEO of the Wood Group, leading one of the masterclasses
The business leaders who have signed up to lead masterclass sessions are:
- Raymond O’Hare, former MD of Microsoft in Scotland who will be examining how the board can make a difference.
• Patrick Machray, CEO of ANM Group who will be taking an overview of running a business in a changing economic environment.
• Bob Keiller, CEO of Wood Group who will be leading the masterclass on building a business based on values.
• Stewart Spence, owner of the Marcliffe at Pitfodels Hotel who will be leading a workshop on delivering excellence in the service sector.
• Alfie Cheyne, CEO of ACE Winches who will be sharing his expertise in creating an international business.
Commenting on the reasons for establishing the “Sharing the Secrets of Success” event, Mike Bowyer, chairman of IoD Aberdeen and Grampian, said:
“In the past 40 years we have seen an extraordinary era of business growth in this part of Scotland. Local entrepreneurs and business leaders seized the opportunities presented by North Sea oil and gas. Many of these enterprises have gone on to become global businesses serving a worldwide market.
“The IoD is an organisation focussed on developing leadership and business skills. ‘Sharing the Secrets of Success’ is about inspiring current and future generations of business leaders.”
The “Sharing the Secrets of Success” Masterclass is a half-day event, starting with breakfast between 7.30 and 8.30 am and concluding with a networking lunch between 1pm and 2pm.
Delegates will take part in two of the five masterclass sessions, followed by an open session chaired by Tom Smith, Chairman of ACSEF and a former chairman of IoD Aberdeen.
Registrations for “Sharing the Secrets of Success” are now open and places can been booked at www.iodscotland.com/aberdeen. Until August 2, the registration fee is £90 ex VAT for IoD members and £105 ex VAT for non-members. After August 2 registration will be £125 ex VAT for members and non members.
“Sharing the Secrets of Success” is sponsored by accountancy firm Johnston Carmichael.