Camphill school newsletter published
28/03/13 15:31 Filed in: Client news
We have just published the latest edition of the Camphill School Aberdeen
The spring 2013 issue
looks at the school’s visit to the Scottish Parliament to sit in on the debate celebrating the work of Camphill, which began in Aberdeen. Camphill School Aberdeen grew from the original community established in 1940 at Camphill House, in the Milltimber area of Aberdeen.
The Camphill Movement is now one of the world’s leading organisations working with children, young people, adults and the elderly who have additional support needs. From Aberdeen it has grown to around 100 centres in 20 countries.
Other news stories in this issue
- The visit of 49 teachers from Jaataa School in Stavanger to discuss issues facing the two schools and the teachers who support students with additional support needs.
- A donation that will provide opportunities for ten vulnerable local children to participate in the Nature Nurture programme.
- Camphill school’s 20-year support of Tools for Self Reliance, by refurbishing tools that are sent for use on sustainability projects in Africa.
- An insight into the Home School Support service through the school’s St Andrew’s Project.
- A report by Scotland’s Commissioner for Children and Young People on his visit to Camphill School Aberdeen.
- The attainment of the gold award in the Eco-Schools scheme.